Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blueprint cleanse: Day 2

11:30 AM - I woke up today and I wasn't hungry. Hmm. This is odd for me, I generally am totally ravenous by the time I leave for work (around 8:30). I drank my room-temperature water, and my body seemed to be totally cool with that. Hm!

When I got to work, I chugged back my green juice (which today didn't taste quite as unpalatable!) and supplemented that with some herbal tea and water. I should probably consider moving my desk closer to the bathroom for the next two days.

Up to this point, I had been feeling pretty good! Clear-headed, and kind of light and fresh (and also skinny, I dropped 2 lbs since Sunday!). Around 10:15, that all changed. I totally crashed - I suddenly felt as if I had been up until 4 AM last night doing Kamakaze shots. I was bone tired, mentally fuzzy, I had a headache and felt phsyically worn down. I literally almost fell asleep at my desk ("No, I'm just stretching my neck, I had a kink in it!"). I decided it was time for a caffine boost, and grabbed a green tea. That seems to have done the trick!

4:25 PM - I am still feeling pretty good! I've been quite productive today, and managed to get through some very unstimulating tasks with relative ease. I also haven't been all that hungry. One time I did smell some "phantom" food, and perked up eagerly, but once I realized it wasn't real, I settled back into work without a problem. I'm drinking the lemonade now, which is very refreshing. I can't say I am all that excited about the beet juice tonight. Hopefully it will be like the green drink and taste better the second time around.

11:00 PM - The beet juice was harder this time, but I tried chugging it, so maybe that was the problem. It's got a lot of flavor, and it can be kind of overwhelming. The nut milk was much better tonight. Although it's kind of gritty, I look at it as an opportunity to chew. Ha.

I've noticed that my skin is looking really good. I saw myself in the mirror tonight and literally did a second-take. It is literally glowing. Maybe there is something to all this...

No comments: